Monday, January 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Crumble



I found this recipe in various blogs, however, after running out of a few ingredients I thought I'd experiment and see how things turned out after modifying the recipe. It turned out wonderful! The couscous adds the perfect crumbly texture. When looking at the ingredients I know it can be easy to be thrown off by the garbanzo beans in the recipe, but trust me, you won't even know they're there. :)

1 Can (Drained and rinsed) Garbanzo Beans
1/2 Cup Couscous (Cooked for 1 minute in the microwave with 1/2 cup of water.)
1/8 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I have yet to try it with a sugar substitute, but would love to know the results!)
*Chocolate Chips (Amount is up to you, I used about 15 or so in my whole batch.)
*Nut butter for a topping

* = Optional ingredients

In a food processor, finely blend the garbanzo beans and the cooked couscous until the texture is that of a dough. Add in the skim milk, and the extra virgin olive oil. Mix all of your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and then add to the "dough mixture" to the dry ingredients and mix evenly. Stir in the chocolate chips if desired.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Serve warm with Nut butter topping, frozen yogurt, or plain.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment